5687Congregational Ministers Eng/Wales

  • ANN WILLIAMS
    May 27 9:17 AM
      I've been notified by the FFHS of a searchable website for records of Congretational (non-conformist) Ministers - here's the text of the message I received

      "Charles Surman's extraordinary biographical card index of Congregational ministers includes the names of about 32,000 individuals, and, where known, their dates, details of their education, ministries or other employment, together with the sources used. It covers the period from the mid-seventeenth century to 1972, and though it focuses on England and Wales, it includes Congregational ministers serving abroad provided they trained or served as ministers in Britain. Although intended as an index of Congregational ministers, it also gives details of seventeenth- and eighteenth-century Presbyterians.

       Further information can be found on the website where the index can now be freely searched online http://surman.english.qmul.ac.uk.
      "