5651Re: Sending a gedcom from a PC to a MAC

  • Lois Nicholson
    Apr 24 8:13 AM
      Many thanks to everyone for their input. Good information, but it looks like I should have been attending the Saturday Computer Classes, as I now have more questions.

      How do I change the format from .ged to .txt? Do I just prepare a gedcom and change the file extension before I send it? And how do I ZIP the gedcom?

      Years ago I sent my cousin a gedcom to her MAC, but it wouldn't import. She finally forwarded it to the LDS in Salt Lake, who put it through their "washer and dryer", and from there she could import it. However, I now have more info to send her.

      I'll look forward to hearing again from all you knowledgeable folks.

      Regards,
      Lois N.

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic