5649Re: Sending a gedcom from a PC to a MAC

  • Suddie Bill
    Apr 23 10:08 PM
      Gedcom is not a standard as some people believe.  Your data from AQ will be formatted more or less properly and Reunion will read the file more or less properly but don't expect everything to transfer perfectly.  If its only BMD stuff ir will transfer OK, its notes that seem to get screwed up more than anything.   As Gordon said, a GEDCOM file is a text file but therein lies a problem when sending it by e-mail.   It can get extra characters inserted in the process in some instances.  Best bet is to ZIP the Gedcom file up and send it as an attachment.  This prevents anything happening to the file during transit.

      Cheers

      Suddie Bill

      Lois Nicholson wrote:
      Hello Folks:

      Could someone please advise me if it's possible to send a gedcom of my genealogy as an email attachment from my PC computer to a Mac Computer? I'm using Ancestral Quest 12; my cousin is running the latest Reunion program. My AQ export choices do not list Reunion as option. I'm familiar with preparing a gedcom, just unsure whether it would import into her program successfully.

      Many thanks in advance,
      Lois Nicholson
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic