5648Re: Sending a gedcom from a PC to a MAC

  • Gord Hulbert
    Apr 23, 2009
      Lois Nicholson wrote:
      Hello Folks:

      Could someone please advise me if it's possible to send a gedcom of my genealogy as an email attachment from my PC computer to a Mac Computer? I'm using Ancestral Quest 12; my cousin is running the latest Reunion program. My AQ export choices do not list Reunion as option. I'm familiar with preparing a gedcom, just unsure whether it would import into her program successfully.

      Many thanks in advance,
      Lois Nicholson

      Hi there:

      A GEDCOM file is purely a text file.  So if you can't send a .ged that change the extention to .txt.  When your cousin receives it, she can rename the file .ged.

      --
      Regards,

      Gord

      "Live long enough to be a problem to your kids."
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic