      From: owner-dist-gen@... [mailto:owner-dist-gen@...] On Behalf Of Leslie Grauer
      Sent: April-01-09 10:30 PM
      To: dist-gen@...
      Subject: Alberta Birth Death and Marriages

      As the facilitator of the Canadian group with the British Columbia Genealogical Society, I am preparing a talk for your fellow researchers who now live in B.C.  Being a Calgarian and having several pioneer ancestors in Alberta, I have been pretty successful finding data for my own family, but would very much welcome any hints you might have on researching Alberta ancestor BMDs beyond the obvious contacts to the Ministry, Archives, the AFHS and its website, the Edmonton group, Alberta Digital Archives etc., all the obvious associations in Calgary and Edmonton with research capacity who I will recommend anyway, as they did some great research for me.  It appears that most of the audience here are not novice researchers, so I am looking for "extra hints" on BMDs.

      Beyond the obvious sources, do any of you have any hints? some stories? to share on successes re: researching specific churches, records or any databases that I may have overlooked or might not have been on my radar?  I know less about Northern Alberta.

      Thanks so much in advance and, just so you know, I am very serious about crediting my sources!

      Leslie Grauer

      Facilitator, Canadian Group

      British Columbia Genealogical Society

      __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 3982 (20090402) __________