      Sent: Tuesday, August 06, 2002 6:48 PM
      Subject: Re: England Civil Registration

      If I understand this recent increase in fees correctly, does this not help
      us make a case for the Calgary Family History Centre to bring in the Ontario
      Civil Registrations for births, marriages and deaths?

      I would be more willing to pay for the films to come into the Calgary Centre
      and stay here,  than to send $32 U.S. to Salt Lake City to have 8
      certificates Xeroxed.

      I realize other alternatives exist.  I can drive to the Edmonton (220 miles)
      or  Lethbridge  (120 miles)Family History Centres several times a year.
      Edmonton has films of the actual certificates for most years.  It is only
      the most recent years that are sporadic.

      In addition, I would really like to see the indexes to the registrations up
      on the internet.  (I don't want much do I?).

      Thanks for confirming the "nasty rumor", Judi.

      Sincerely,
      Ellen Kinghorn
      Email: ellen@...
      Webpage: www.kinghorn.ca