Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

5596English Research

Expand Messages
  • Robert Boynton
    Mar 6, 2009
    • 0 Attachment
      I was wondering if anyone had ever done this type of research in England.
      I have a death which took place in 1958.
      The name on the Death Certificate is spelled incorrectly.
      I would like to try some other records which would prove my case more thoroughly.  Unfortunately, the family has died out and so there is not assistance available there.
      The methods of ratifying this death might be
      a.The actual hospital records
      b.The burial records
      c.  The funeral home records
      I contacted the hospital where the person died and so far, no-one knows if they have the record.
      I phone the only local Cemetery Crematorium in the little place where the person died and they said they, being a crematorium, do not need a permit for cremation so they know nothing about Burial Certificates and to call the local Council.
      There is not a funeral home that exists now in this place that existed in 1958.
      So, does anyone know if there are burial permits in England, and if so, Who is the holder of these records.
      I always thought the English records were quite good.
      I now have a marriage certificate where the fathers name for both the bride and groom is not mentioned, just deceased and they do not name the mothers of the bride and groom.
      I have a death certifciate in the above matter and it is quite vague as the Informant on the Death Certificate is a named person, "causing the body to be buried."
      In these cases, the information on these certificates is very poor.
      Any ideas?
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic