5590Vista Problem

  • Rene Dussome
    Mar 4, 2009
      Hello:

      I sent the following plea for help to "Computips" last month but did not get a
      reply. Now I am hoping that someone on dist-gen knows what to do.

      My operating system is Windows 2000. I sent a Microsoft Word document as an
      attachment to an e-mail to a cousin in England. She has recently acquired a new
      laptop and the operating system is Vista. She says:

      "It would not let me open your attachment. Apparently photo attachments are no
      problem but because it was Word it would not let me do it. It was telling me to
      create an association in the SET ASSOCIATION CONTROL PANEL, but I could not find
      this at all."

      She solved the problem by forwarding my e-mail to a friend who was able to open
      my document and print it out for my cousin. This, of course, is not a permanent
      solution.

      I know nothing about Vista so I would appreciate help from someone who does.

      Rene
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic