5573death of former member Jeanne Bentley

  • Lorna Laughton
    Feb 20, 2009

      Hello Everyone:

      I noted in the death notices of the Calgary Herald this morning that former AFHS member Jeanne Bentley has died. You can read the notice in the newspaper or at the Calgary Herald website. The direct link to the notice is http://www.legacy.com/can-calgary/Obituaries.asp?Page=Lifestory&PersonId=124377798

      I remember Jeanne as a very organized, dignified, and personable. She chaired one of the AFHS Wild Rose Seminars at the former Crossroads Hotel, however, I don’t remember the year.

      Sometimes, as a memorial to a fellow family historian colleague, I donate to the AFHS Memorial Fund, rather than the charity chosen by the family.

      Lorna

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic