5515Chinook would make a great gift

    Dec 3, 2008

      Hi all,

      I meant to say at the meeting in my talk that Chinook would make a great gift. You would purchase an AFHS membership for a friend or relative and they would receive 4 issues. Or you can order copies of an individual issue. See Ordering Copies at http://www.afhs.ab.ca/publications/index.html

      The great thing about Chinook is we cover a wide range of topics and buying a gift membership is a great idea no matter where the person lives. For example the next issue continues the tips on finding female ancestors as well as a focus on DNA with Jim Benedict writing about Y-DNA and how it relates to his family and I write about an mtDNA project.

      So I hope you will consider purchasing an AFHS membership for the family/friends who are even slightly interested in genealogy or family history. I am assuming that all of you are members, but if someone is not, put this on your wish list.

      Xenia Stanford (president@...)

      Editor, Chinook

      SIGS Contact: Ukrainian, Métis

      Phone: 295-3490; Fax: 274-0564