5484AFHS ENG/WELSH/CELTIC MEETING SAT NOV 15

  • ANN WILLIAMS
    Nov 9, 2008
      The Eng/Welsh SIG [with the Celtic SIG and all AFHS members welcome to attend] will meet on Saturday, Nov 15 (2-4 p.m. at the AFHS library) when the topic will be "Scotland, our Neighbour to the North" - cross-border marriages, Scots law and traditions, Scottish, English & Welsh naming patterns will be up for discussion and we will hear of families with roots in both countries.  There will be an opportunity to ask genealogy questions and examine the book Yorkshire Probates that the English/Welsh SIG has just bought for the library.  As it's our pre-Christmas meeting tea and goodies will be served.  Ann Williams (SIG Co-ordinator) 286-4095.
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic