5466Re: Gord Hulbert Here - Mumford Update

  • Suddie Bill
    Oct 26, 2008
      My thanks to all for the kind words and best wishes with regard to my
      operation that didn't work out exactly as I would have wished. I posted
      a couple of pictures on my Facebook page so hopefully you will recognize
      me next time you see me. One of my bridge playing people walked right
      by me while I was sitting in the rotunda of the hospital. His wife
      looked at me and said "Bill?". When I replied yes she dragged her
      husband over. He still didn't recognize me. I've lost close to 70
      pounds, most of which was muscle. As a result I tire easily but rehab
      physio is going well. I was discharged from hospital on Friday, a week
      before the doctor or physio folks felt advisable but 6 weeks of hospital
      life is more than enough for anyone. I'm in a wheelchair and have ankle
      and foot braces. This allows me to walk a short distance with a non
      wheeled walker.

      If all goes well I should be able to drive my car in four or five
      months. If that comes to pass one of the first items of business will
      be to get back to the Computer Group meetings. I'm getting out of
      touch with the world. :-)

      Cheers

      Suddie Bill
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic