5394Film Night mentioned by our guest speaker on Monday

  • Marion Peterson
    Sep 11, 2008
      Irene Jendzjowsky forwarded the information to me about a film night being offered in Calgary by the Provincial Archives in conjunction with the Archives Society of Alberta. It is being held on Monday, October 6 (the same night as our next general meeting). It is being held at 6:30 pm at the Globe Theatre.

      The film is called Headless Valley.

      In a time before satellite phones and helicopter rescues,

      Calgarians Mel and Ethel Ross fought severe isolation, insect

      swarms and terrifying rapids during a two-month canoe expedition

      up the South Nahanni into the Canadian North. Experience their

      journey in this groundbreaking 1957 independent film.

      If you would like the prices and more information, contact me and I will forward the attachment. (Dist-gen does not seem to allow attachments.)

      Marion