      From: owner-dist-gen@... [mailto:owner-dist-gen@...] On Behalf
      Of Judith Rempel
      Sent: August 20, 2008 7:42 PM
      To: 'Robert Boynton'; dist-gen@...
      Subject: RE: 1916 Census

      Lois or others - is anyone working to get access here in Calgary? If you
      have an idea how we can help...

      I've had absolutely NO success in getting any Interlibrary loan materials
      into Calgary the last 3 times I tried. It seems that all ILL requests
      simply get permanently filed/destroyed without filling the requests.
      Follow-up has not helped.

      My bet is that Ancestry.ca/com has already acquired the films and is having
      them indexed offshore and will have them on the pay-per-view basis long
      before any of us gets a chance at them in a more affordable way. Call me a
      cynic. (and annoyed)

      Judith Rempel, B.A., M.A., Coordinator
      queries@... & rempel@...

      Mennonite Historical Society of Alberta