5341AFHS June General Meeting - Monday, June 2

  • Marion Peterson
    May 29 6:52 AM
      The June General Meeting of AFHS will take place on Monday, June 2 from 7:00 to 9:00 pm at River Park Church (3818 14A St SW).

      The meeting will begin with a short business meeting, followed by Volunteer Appreciation. Come join us as we recognize the many hours of time contributed by our members.

      The speaker will be Janice Cushman. She will give us hints and tips about how to do American genealogy research.

      I have very much enjoyed my two-year term as Program Committee Chairperson. I am planning to write a book on my Rath family for a family reunion being held in 2009, so I am not able to continue as the Chair of the Program Committee. We are still looking for someone to take over this position. There are several committee members who are continuing, including myself. We really need someone who would do the organizing, attend Board meetings and do reports. It is a great way to meet people. Some plans are already in place for next year. If you would like more information, please let me or Bev Swan know. (I am in Ontario for the OGS Conference this weekend, so I will not be checking my email messages until Monday.)

      Marion Peterson
      Former AFHS Program Committee Chair