5298Where are the other 295 stumbling blocks?

    Apr 12, 2008

      OK folks, I didn’t want to repeat the “back to Adam” joke, so I will assume you have no stumbling blocks left. If you do, then you need to send them to me. No one has sent in any surnames being searched for our column “Surname Connections”. Members have 2 free surname connections quests that can be printed each year, so that would be around 300+ per year. So far I have received about 5 for this year’s Chinook and none for the July issue.

      Don’t be shy. Shrinking violets don’t uncover those tombstones in faraway places or dig up the connections to others who have. Please send me the name of the elusive person or couple, the area and timeframe for these dead-end people and who knows who you might meet. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. A whole new year start in September (v29 of Chinook), so don’t miss your chance for your two submissions for v28!

      I expect my mailbox to overflow. Send the surname connections you are seeking to editor-chinook@... or knowmap@... in case the voluminous response brings my first email address down!

      I love reading email, so don’t disappoint me.

      I look forward to at least 100 responses!

      Xenia Stanford (president@...)

      Editor, Chinook

      SIGS Contact: Ukrainian, Métis

      Phone: 295-3490; Fax: 274-0564