      Sent: Friday, November 09, 2007 9:50 AM
      Subject: RCMP warning about recent gang activity in drive-by shootings

      Gangs are apparently extending their initiations to involve bystanders.
      -------------------------------------
      RCMP WARNING

      Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 13:44:46 -0500

      Please pass this on! Important police warning. Very scary, now moving  west....started in Manitoba, now in Saskatchewan, and moving west. This  came directly from our Driver Training People who got the warning. Pass this to anyone you can.

      One of the officers who works with the DARE program has passed along the following warning and asked that it be shared with all drivers. This is an extremely serious matter.

      If you are driving after dark and you see a car without its head-lights on, do not flash your lights, do not blow your horn or make any signals to the driver of the other car. There is a new common gang initiation 'game' going on the streets.

      The new member being initiated drives along without his headlights on until someone notices and flashes their headlights or makes some sort of other action to signal him. The gang member is now required to chase the car and shoot at or into the car in order to complete his initiation requirements.

      Make sure you share this information with your family, friends, and anyone else you can reach. If you have any questions or information, please call your local police department.

      Please take this seriously. This is not a joke. Please pass this on to everyone you know on e-mail and in person. It could save someone's life.

      *Orle Howat Compensation Advisor RCMP,
      Compensation Services, NWRSask.
      Regina, Saskatchewan
      S4P 3K7