5076Re: Translation help needed

  • Joseph Szikora
    Aug 9, 2007
      Carol Lylyk wrote:
      > In transcribing the St. Mary's Cemetery we have come across a couple of names that I believe to be possibly Yugoslavic
      > or Croatian or ??? I was wondering if possibly anyone subscribing to Distgen would be willing to make a stab at
      > translating the monument? These are the names from the burial records but I am unable to say for sure if Barbara is
      > the other name on the monument. I can forward a .jpg showing the names.
      >
      > Edocs, Barbara
      > Edocs, Ferencne
      >
      > Thank you.
      >
      > Carol Lylyk

      Hi Carol:

      The names look Hungarian to me. Send me the pictures and I'll have a look
      at them.
      Hungarians being mostly Catholic, most of them were buried in St. Mary's. I
      have may friends buried there.

      Regards,

      Joseph Szikora

      E-Mail addresses: jszikora<at>telus.net
      jszikora<at>alumni.ucalgary.ca
      jszikora<at>yahoo.com
      This E-Mail has been scanned by NORTON Antivirus and it is free of viri.