5054Historic Calgary Week 2007 Brochure

  • Dick and Susan Williams
    Jul 5, 2007
      An apology to All AFHS Members:
      By this time, many of you will have received a copy of the Historic Calgary Week 2007 Brochure by mail.  I have been the liaison between AFHS and the organizing committee for Historic Calgary Week, and I assisted with information collection for the brochure.  As you may know, our library committee has kindly agreed to host three open house sessions at the AFHS Library during the week's activities.
      Unfortunately, however, I made an error in submitting the information to the brochure committee, and the location of the Library is listed as "1712" instead of "712" 16th Avenue NW.  This was entirely my error, and I accept full responsibility for it.
      I have requested that the correct address be posted on the Historic Calgary Week website for the public to view and this has been done already.  I have also arranged for correction notices to be inserted in the brochures still to be distributed.  I (or another volunteer) will be in attendance at the fictitious "1712 16th Ave NW" location at the time of our Library Open House sessions to re-direct visitors to the proper location.
      There are about 80 members who have not yet received their copy of the brochure.  I was able to hold theirs until corrections were made, and those should be received within a few days.  Please be assured that we did not share the AFHS mailing list with HCW in order to do this mailout - I arranged through our publications committee to obtain the Chinook mailing list and it was used for this purpose only.
      Again, my apologies to you all and especially the AFHS Library committee who work so hard to open the library to us and to the public.  I hope you enjoy viewing the rest of the brochure, and take advantage of the many interesting activities offered during the week.  Please use my blunder as an excuse to promote our library to friends, family, neighbours etc. and share the correct location with them.
      Your Most Inept Volunteer -
      Sue Williams
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic