4955Calgary and District HERITAGE FAIR - Saturday May 5th

  • william campbell
    Mar 23, 2007
      Hi Folks:

      Once again our AFHS has been invited to participate in the annual Heritage Fair.

      The Calgary and District Heritage Fair provides a forum for young people in Grades 4 to 9 to learn about their Canadian heritage. Students choose a subject, do research and present a display or program at the Heritage Fair. Over 300 students from Calgary and district schools participated in last year’s Fair.

                  Originated and supported in part by the Historica Foundation, heritage fairs take place in cities and communities all over Canada on the same day. Museums Alberta and the ATA Social Studies Council have organized the program for eleven years. This year the Calgary and District Fair will once again be held at City Hall on Saturday, May 5th, from 9 am. to 1 pm.

      We have been asked if we might provide a few adjudicators who would be required to examine (in pairs) a number of exhibits and score them on their quality.
      If you would be interested in making this contribution of your time and talent for this significant community venture with Calgary's young students please call Annette Parte (work 271-5522 or
      home 873-1911).

      AFHS will be presenting a book award to the best family history exhibit.

      CALGARY, Alberta, CANADA