4815Re: DNA Genealogy

  • Bill Mumford
    Dec 18, 2006
      Family Tree DNA is a reputable organization if that is your concern.
      There are a number of similar projects to the Czech one mentioned on the
      FTDNA site including my family one. If you are interested in the
      possible benefits DNA testing may provide this would be a good time to
      get involved and take advantage of the price reductions. I suggest you
      read up on the procedure and possible advantages before you spend your
      money however. There is a link on my web site, www.mumford.ca to my DNA
      page and a link to another site where there is a good write up on DNA
      101, a basic discussion of how DNA testing can help a genealogist.

      Cheers

      Bill

      Joseph Szikora wrote:
      > On a Czech genealogy mailing list came the following offer:
      >
      > We are pleased to offer several Holiday Discount Certificates for DNA
      > testing for new participants in the worldwide Czech DNA Project. The
      > certificates are first-come-first-served and are valid until 31
      > December. These holiday discounts are in addition to the normal
      > discount for those joining the worldwide Czech DNA Project.
      >
      > My question is: has anybody any opinion about this subject? I saw
      > a boot on DNA testing on this years Genealogy conference.
      >
      > Merry Christmas and cheers,
      >
      > Joseph.
      >
      > More info can be found on the page:
      >
      > (http://www.familytreedna.com/public/Czech)