4708Alberta Postal History

  • Mabel Kiessling
    Sep 19, 2006
      Thank you to everyone that emailed me and especially Christine Hayes of the Calgary Public Library and Judith Rempel on my quest for Fort San Parielle.  It is located and I quote  "The fort [Fort San Parielle] was located on the bank of the Bow River (or the South Saskatchewan River, formed where the Oldman River and Bow River joined just west of the future city of Medicine Hat). This was the territory of the Blood Indian and the adjacent Peigan Indian tribes that straddled the 49th parallel" "Letters from the Far West" by BNAPS Calgary Group and Goodbook Communications Group, p. 60."

      Mabel Kiessling
      Queries Volunteer
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic