      From: owner-dist-gen@... [mailto:owner-dist-gen@...]On
      Behalf Of Gordon Lane
      Sent: April 16, 2006 11:43 PM
      To: dist-gen@...
      Subject: Dist gen and website

      Our service provider for the website made some software upgrades which
      stopped us having the ability to have a mailing list. The only way to have
      the mailing list back was to move the website to a different type of
      computer.

      So I have spent the last 10 days moving all the files, re-writing the
      various scripts that make the cemetery listings searchable, moving the
      databases, re-entering every user for the dist-gen and compsigtips mailing
      lists, re-enabling the password protection in various areas of the website,
      re-entering all the mailing addresses for everyone who does something for
      the society - treasurer, queries, project, programs etc.

      Oh yes in that time I also went to work and carried on with my degree
      program I am taking ( takes at least 3 hours every night and at least 6
      hours each on Sat and Sundays).

      If you find any errors in the website please advise me but also please be
      patient as I am a little busy for the foreseeable future.

      Regards

      Gordon Lane
      Chairman
      Alberta Family Histories Society