4484Re: location, Earl of Egmont's house

  • Joyce Metcalfe
    Feb 13, 2006
      Hi Elizabeth,

      The Earl of Egmont's property was located at SW 26-22-3 W5.  Photos can be located in the Glenbow photo archive at:

      Just type "Earl of Egmont" in the search field.  The search returned 20 photos for me, most of which are of the Earl himself, but some are of the property.

      All the best,
      Joyce

      "E.Rodier" <cerear@...> wrote:
      the original sender

      Can anyone tell me where the Earl of Egmont's 26 room ranch house was
      located on Macleod Trail prior to 1959? The history book "Our Foothills" !
      about Priddis mentions the Willow Park subdivision. More specific locations
      are given for other Perceval ranch properties in the area.

      I remember seeing the house on the east side of Macleod Trail but haven't
      found a picture of it on the Internet. Willow Park district is between
      Southland Drive (90th Ave) and Anderson Road (109th Ave.)

      One of my online contacts is looking for Perceval and Moodie family members
      in the 1911 census. Cecelia (Moore) Perceval died the same day in 1916 as
      Father Lacombe. -- Elizabeth