      From: David Truemner [mailto:dtruemner@...]
      Sent: Sunday, February 12, 2006 8:21 PM
      To: 1911@...
      Subject: enumeration districts - Calgary

      Hello AFHS:

      I have found your website to be most helpful in several areas of interest, but I am having difficulty "translating" a description of a census district, within the city of Calgary, from the 1906 census to the list of enumeration districts in the 1911 census.

      I have found our family of interest in the 1906 census in dist 19, sub-dist 26C, page 39.
      Their address is given as 426 17th Avenue. There is no directional information, such as east, or SE.

      Where will I find this same address in the 1911 census pages ? I cannot seem to figure out where that address would appeaar, from the district and sub-district  descriptions given for 1911. After going to Dist 1, for the city of Calgary, I'm afraid that I'm lost.

      Hoping that you can help....

      David Truemner
      Ottawa