4417Re: Fw: census clarification please

  • Peter
    Jan 9, 2006
      At 08:12 AM 1/9/06, you wrote:

      Hi Peter,
      Thank you for responding to me. I am utilizing automated genealogy, this is where I got my info from. My Mother had also told me a very long time ago that she had relatives that lived & died in either Medicine Hat or Lethbridge, she couldn't remember which one. The 1911 census did not help me to figure it out.
      What I mean is by clarification is: If I wanted a volunteer to do a "look up" for me (obit, marriage, birth) would I be contacting someone from Medicine Hat or someone from Lethbridge?
      The 1911 census provides me with a street address but it does not say if it is in Medicine Hat or Lethbridge. Can you clarify this for me?
      Census says: district of Medicine Hat, subdistrict of Lethbridge, subdistrict number 77, street address is 1234 2nd Ave, names are William A. & Helen Davidson.
      Thank you again for you time & response.
      Cordially,
      Lisa Wood

      Good morning Lisa,

      District 77 is south Lethbridge.  It is marked on the right top of the page.

      For the birth records ; According to the census they were both born in Ontario
      For the marriage ;  I would try Ontario first. If they married in Alberta it
       would be a lot harder to get that certificate.
      For the Obit ; Most likely the Lethbridge Herald if they died here.
      Ancestry.com has a limited number years of the Lethbridge Herald online.
      Try the AFHS cemetery index first, to see if you can find their burial date.

      We have the Ontario BMD records here in Lethbridge.
      If need be I can look that up.
      Let me know before my Thursday shift at the FHC.

      Ancestry.com is available at the Family History Center.

      Groetjes
      Peter

      From: Peter <peter.van.schaik@...>
      To: digi54@...