4407Census - England

  • Peter and Yvonne Adams
    Jan 6 11:05 AM
      Hi,

      Is there a census earlier than 1881 for England?

      I am searching for the parents of David Johns, b 1837 in Usborne Twp, Huron Cty, Ontario.  There are a couple of possibilities.  I found the 1842 Assessment List for Usborne Twp which had a couple of Johns listed.  The history of Usborne implies that most people came from England, Devon area, as a result of on immigrant who really like the area and convinced a number of his old country neighbours to come to the new frontiers.

      So I am hoping to find a link there but so far can only find this 1881 census.  I would need to find one much earlier as my link was already in Canada by the 1840's.

      Any suggestions?

      Peter

      Peter Adams
      Calgary, Ab