      Sent: Monday, April 04, 2005 10:59 AM
      Subject: Fwd: WW1

      Hi All:

      I have been doing some browsing and can't seem to find any data on the movement of Battalions, etc. in WW1. Does anyone know of a site or a book or two which will allow me to track the travels of my Grandfather (William James BUTLER (39 - 2 mos) and two Uncles who served in France. He was a Sapper and the young men were 19 - 11 mos and 17- 8 mos.

      Their regiments were from Winnipeg:

      They all served in France.

      Willam James Butler - 8th Battalion
      1st P. B&T Unit

      Albert Butler -- 208rd Overseas Battalion C.E.F.
      18th Reserve Battalion
      Wounded 2 aug 1918 - lost L leg

      Charles Butler - 100th Battalion
      11th Reserve
      27th Battalion
      Charles also received a Good Conduct Badge

      Can War Service Badges be looked up?

      Thanks for this. I have all the Attestation papers and Discharge papers. rm

      “We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals.“ – Immanuel Kant

      RoseMarie McLean
      Calgary/Kaslo
      Canada

      “The nose of the Bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go.“ – Winston Churchill

      RoseMarie McLean
      Calgary/Kaslo
      Canada
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic