      Sent: Monday, November 01, 2004 4:28 PM
      Subject: Copyright in Photos

      This is another Bill in the Senate which will makes things very, very difficult for us.  I already have an insurmountable problem explaining to the clerk at London Drugs that the snap shots I have which have the stamp of a photography studio on the back are NOT copyright protected creations by that studio.  The studio just stamped all the photographs it processed in its mail order developing business.  She does not believe me.  Imagine having to prove who took the photograph and that you inherited the rights to it in order to get a copy made.  Imagine not being able to get copies of photographs of your family and your family's house, school, church, etc. found in archives and libraries.

      Lois Sparling