2801W32.Erkez.B@mm VIRUS

  • Mary Arthur
    Jun 14, 2004
      I know I don't need to tell any of you about this virus as you all keep
      your definitions up to date, and would never click on an unexpected
      attachment, but just in case: W32.Erkez.B@mm is a mass-mailing worm
      that sends itself to the email addresses found on an infected computer.
      When this worm infects a computer, it attempts to overwrite executables
      associated with security products installed on that machine. This worm
      does not use any exploit code in order to execute the mail attachment
      automatically. A user has to doubleclick on an infected attachment or a
      file shared via P2P to infect the machine.

      Read for yourself:

      http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/pf/w32.erkez.b@...

      http://us.mcafee.com/virusInfo/default.asp?id=description&virus_k=126242

      Mary Arthur

      "I think it says something about human nature that the only form of
      life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life
      in our own image"

      Stephen Hawking on computer viruses.

      http://www.afhs.ab.ca