2764Re: Searching for someone in ON in 1944

  • Mary Arthur
    Jun 1, 2004
      On 1-Jun-04, at 15:29, Linda Holdaway wrote:

      > Hello -
      > snipped
      I hope you have said city directory and not telephone directory? Many
      in 1944 would not have had a telephone.

      If he was young and/or unemployed he might not have made the directory.

      If he was in the services he also might not have been included. If he
      was 18-35 in 1944 I would be looking at the armed services records as
      well.

      I am sure there are directories for other areas around Toronto, but
      don't know them personally.

      I have heard some people call the entire province of ON 'Toronto'.