      Subject:[CCC] Cost of archival supplies
      Resent-Date:Sat, 21 Feb 2004 19:18:31 -0700
      Resent-From:CANADA-CENSUS-CAMPAIGN-L@...
      Date:Sat, 21 Feb 2004 21:26:31 -0500
      From:gilchrists <gilchrists@...>
      To:CANADA-CENSUS-CAMPAIGN-L@...

      Tonight I am wearing my archivist hat!

      When you go to any Archives you will often see "gray" boxes that house the
      documents in file folders.

      Both those "flip top" boxes, and the file folders themselves, are "acid
      free" items and are very, very expensive by anyone's standards. Boxes can
      average $15.00 - $50.00 (and more - depending upon size and quality) for
      each box!

      A box of 100 acid free file folders costs about $50.00 per box.

      If you want to check out the prices might I recommend the Carr Maclean
      Library and Archival supply website - which is based in Canada. Carr Maclean
      is one of the industry leaders.

      So, there is much more than the just the cost of the labour in moving of the
      documents. Hey, when I moved my residence here in Toronto about nine years
      ago, it cost me close to $1,000 then to move about 10 blocks, and we packed
      most everything ourselves!

      Just providing some facts to consider ...

      Cheers!
      Brian

      J. Brian Gilchrist,
      1969 - 2004: 35 Years Researching at The Archives of Ontario.
      Genealogical and Archival research analyst,
      Box 74503, 270 The Kingsway,
      ETOBICOKE, Ontario     M9A 5E2
      gilchrists@...

      "I have the reputation of being fearless and decided, and whether correct or
      not, it saves me much trouble." -  written by the Honourable and Right
      Reverend John Strachan, 1st Anglican Bishop of Toronto in 1846.

      ----- Original Message ----- From: To: Sent: 2004 Feb 21 8:05 PM Subject: Re: [CCC] OFF TOPIC:- The Cartoon Does NOT Tell All! > It costs $240,000 to box and move. What moving company did they use? > > Eileen > > > ==== CANADA-CENSUS-CAMPAIGN Mailing List ==== > Read Gordon A. Watts' column on Post 1901 Census issues at > http://globalgazette.net > > ==== CANADA-CENSUS-CAMPAIGN Mailing List ==== Read Gordon A. Watts' column on Post 1901 Census issues at http://globalgazette.net
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic