2319RE: where is Gainsboro and other questions

  • Judith Rempel
    Feb 1, 2004
      Message
      While Carol & Elizabeth have conveniently answered your specific question, I thought I'd point out the "census" solution to answering the question.

      Go to the 1906 Census Transcription Centre homepage (url below), and click on the District of interest (e.g. District 11 in this case), then using the legal land description shown for the SUBdistrict of interest (#1 in your case) and the map for the district (there's always a link to the National Archvives map at the top of the district pages), you'll be able to match up details.

      If you need additional geographical helps - go to the homepage again, and scroll down until you see "Geoggraphical.... " on the right side.  It will lead you to a page with a number of helpful resources.

      Regarding the need for additional data for any given Canadian locality, use the AFHS's award-winning Canadian Genealogical Projects Registry (www.afhs.ab.ca/registry/) for the most comprehensive (although far from complete) set of links to Canadian data online.  You'll just need to select SASK and DEATH from the pick list and you'll be shown where to find additional information that may be helpful to you.

      If You know of resources not on the CGPR, just advise our webster and he'll add suggested links.

      In Kinship,
      Judith Rempel
      judith@...

      and