2129Laser Printer Problem

  • Bob Crowle
    Nov 5, 2003
      I have a Brother HL-1230 Laser printer. Lately my printed material has a
      very dirty appearance to it. The background is just terrible. However the
      actual printed characters are very black in color, not faded at all.

      Firstly the Brother Service Center suggested I clean the corona wire which I
      did with no appreciable improvement in my printed output. Now they are
      saying since I have put through the normal number of printed pages for this
      cartridge, I should change it out. I don't doubt I need a new cartridge.

      Does anyone know how replacing a toner cartridge can clean up the
      background? Maybe I should get my printer cleaned before I get the new
      cartridge. Comments.

      Bob Crowle crowleb@...

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic