2071901 English Census Online - Yes!

  • Rene
    Sep 1 9:37 PM
      Hi:

      I am still working on updating my "tips" file and have read countless
      messages today from the census mailing list. The undernoted message has
      just come in:

      https://www.census.pro.gov.uk/secure_index.jsp

      >you will get an error message that you can't go directly in through that page, BUT the links to the left of the screen are still working.

      It works! I have just done a person search for my mother using the above
      website address and it found her. I don't know if you can go beyond the
      person search but that is all I need right now.

      I am not sure what the "s" is doing after http but I clicked on the
      website address exactly as above and was able to access the online
      census.

      Now I am going back to look for more names. I was going to have a bath
      and go to bed but have changed my mind! This back door route may not
      last.

      Rene