2063Re: Toronto Cemetery Group prohibits cameras.

  • Alan Muise-Benner
    Oct 7, 2003
      A direct response to the Mount Pleasant Group could be made, with contact
      information found at their website:
      http://www.mountpleasantgroupofcemeteries.ca/
      On the horizontal green bar, select About Us from the links, and then
      Contact Us. You will find a variety of contact methods listed. Companies
      and organizations, such as this, need to hear from those with an interest,
      or concern about detrimental policy. The Victorian model upon which many
      of our cemeteries are designed (especially urban), comprised a park-like
      retreat, where individuals had an opportunity to spiritually commune with,
      and commemorate, those who had passed on before. Within a cemetery, lies
      the story of the community, and the individuals which populated it. This
      heritage should not be lost or forgotten. Any safe method of recording
      this history should not be thwarted, in the name of preservation.
      Alternatives may be the only remaining record, if the monument is lost to
      weathering, vandalism, or other cause.

      Al