1938Spam

  • George Lake
    Aug 31, 2003
      Hi All:
      Just returned from holiday and looked over my email. You might be
      interested in the statistics:
      Total messages - July 18 - Aug 30 2327
      Spam addressed to my old Cadvision address - 2105
      Spam received via chair AFHS - 11
      Spam received via Distgen - 0
      Other Spam in my Inbox - 30
      Viruses received & killed by Norton - 2

      When I complained to Telus in July about the huge load of junk I had
      observed coming through my Cadvision address they said they could not
      discontinue forwarding, and it could only be stopped by changing my email
      address, but that they would be shutting it all down a year after their
      takeover. A filter takes it out, but the entire mess took 54 minutes to
      download and of course it overflowed my mailbox at Telus and cut off
      messages after about Aug 25.

      Regards

      Geo

      George Lake