1866Re: mailsword

  • Mary Arthur
    Aug 16 5:16 PM
      Mailsword is a completely new way of stopping spam. It sends a message
      to whoever sent you a message and asks them to type a 4 didgit code in
      their return message, then it allows them to send all messages to you.
      I discovered that Doug had it when I sent the last message about how
      to update MS products to prevent the latest worm. I guess Doug has a
      different address for me, as I use several, or he failed to enter his
      white list properly.

      Doug should get two copies of this, as I have added his name to the out
      box and I know he can receive mail from this address.(just in case
      compsigtips isn't on his white list). It took over 12 hours for
      Mailsword to send me the message requesting I reply in person, so it
      does slow down mail from 'new' senders to Doug.

      Mary Arthur