1822Re: Creating new facts on Family Tree Maker

  • E.Rodier
    Aug 5, 2003
      Some FTM customers have received e-mail with upgrade offers for FTM 11.
      There is no official announcement yet but one of the book companies
      advertised shipping September 17.

      Xenia,
      My usual advice is to AVOID custom facts, especially marriage facts.
      Individual facts are a little easier and multiples of each can be added on
      the facts page of FTM 5 or later. Earlier versions allowed 13 numbered facts
      which could be renamed. Multiples of up to 50 facts can be included in a box
      chart or outline. The limit is one page per person, so more details allowed
      with a small font than a large one.

      You could have an individual fact called Status, or a longer term like
      Metis/aboriginal status with date and comment/location. For any interesting
      notes that might be wanted on a wall chart or FTM outline, I use Memo with
      date and comment/location. That way dated memos are kept in order like
      mini-notes and I don't have to remember which custom facts were used in
      which FTM file.
      Elizabeth