16661911 census

  • Lois Sparling
    Jun 1, 2003
      The 1911 census was done 92 years ago today. It is, therefore, due to
      be released tomorrow. Notwithstanding our victory in Beatty et al v The
      Chief Statistician et al resulting in the release online of the 1906
      census without conditions, I am advised that the 1911 census will not be
      released by the federal government voluntarily until Bill S-13 is
      passed. Pshaw, I say! I will bring some Request for Access to
      Information forms with me to the AFHS meeting Monday evening for those
      who are interested in spending $5 to impress upon the federal
      government that we are not to be trifled with. These forms are also
      available on the internet. See Gordon Watts' census release site for
      detailed directions:

      > http://globalgenealogy.com/Census/1911ati.htm

      Lois Sparling