1453Federal Voters Lists

  • Rene Dussome
    Apr 3, 2003
      Hi Everyone:

      The following book may interest people with ancestors in Western Canada:

      "Federal Voters Lists in Western Canada 1935-1979 by Dave Obee. This is
      the first comprehensive guide to using federal voters lists in family
      history research. Dave explains what the lists were for, how they were
      compiled, and how they can be used. There are samples of what
      researchers will find, as well as a 30-page guide to the microfilm
      numbers for all of the federal constituencies in the four western
      provinces as well as the territories. Federal Voters Lists will make it
      possible to get the maximum benefit from this underused resource."

      It can be obtained from Interlink Bookshop in Victoria for $7.95.

      Note to Mary: I hope this does not contravene the rules of this list. If
      so, I apologize. It occurred to me that some of our people would find it
      useful.

      Rene