1448Re: Ukrainian SIG to meet at FHC April 24

  • Rene Dussome
    Apr 2, 2003
      Xenia:

      In the summer of 2001 I worked with a couple from High River whose
      ancestors were from the Ukraine. They were interested in records from
      the Greek Catholic Consistory of L'viv.

      In order to help these people the Director of the FHC agreed to obtain a
      film numbered 1921625 on extended loan.

      When the film arrived, not surprisingly it was in Ukrainian. A Ukrainian
      friend of mine transcribed the introductory pages to the best of his
      ability.

      Subsequently, the husband of one of the FHC staff members did another
      translation.

      I wrote to the High River couple to pass on this information but so far
      as I know they never returned to the Calgary FHC, at least not on my
      shift, so the matter was allowed to rest.

      Perhaps some of the members of your Ukrainian SIG will be interested in
      the film.

      I will give you the file of information about the film at the AFHS
      meeting next Monday.

      Rene Dussome