1294Success -Re: Fixing wanted senders blocked by mistake

  • Lynn Taylor
    Feb 23, 2003

      From: "E.Rodier" <cerear@...>
      Sent: Sunday, February 23, 2003 2:15 PM
      Subject: Fixing wanted senders blocked by mistake

      > For Outlook Express, go to Tools, Message Rules, Blocked Senders List. It
      > takes two clicks to remove a name that
      was blocked by mistake. Click Remove,
      > then Yes.
      Had tried this.  Thought I'd checked.  Thought I'd re-checked.  Have just gone at it
      one more time .... very slowly!  You were there ... and now you are not.

      This proves two things.  (1)Haste makes waste and that (2)none of the 400 -600
      other  blocked senders have not (yet) sent that second (or third) message. (You
      were the only one to go to my "delete box".)  Not a huge surprise.  Will hang onto
      the blocked list for while out of curiosity.

      > I don't think it makes much difference to the volume of spam if a person has
      common name or a series of initials for their e-mail address.
      Had this input from several sources.   Plus a few made suggestions about changing
      my address to combination of letters & numbers to cut down on the spam.  I'd
      been patiently deleting until Mr. Computer Guy made such a todo about it - in
      front of Sam!  Feel my position is going to be to return to keeping my Norton
      current and accepting spam as part of doing business .
      > I've just cleaned out my blocked sender list because most of the spam was
      > from made-up addresses used only once or
      twice. Agree.
       A quick delete is  easier Agree

      Cheers, Lynn ... who will now be seeing you in her "In Box"