1122RE: Cemetry Records

  • Judie Riddell
    Jan 30, 2003
      From the Project and Queries Committee.

      The AFHS does have Volunteers who answer questions such as you have asked on a daily basis..  We do this for a small fee.  I have checked the AFHS Digital Library Volume I and found 5 people with the surname of Charles (I do not think that any of them are the person mentioned).  Since no first name was given so I could not check further.

      For Cecil's friend and for all the members of Dist-gen who might be interested, I will give out the phone number for the City of Calgary Cemetery office: 221-3660.  They will do look-ups for ALL the city owned cemeteries.  They will give you the burial date, cemetery, and location in that cemetery.  With a little prodding names of others buried in the same plot can be obtained.

      I would also recommend that Mary Lou visit the Glenbow Museum Archives.  I would hope that she will find information on her Father and his contemporaries there.

      Others news to announce is that people using the services of the Queries Committee can now pay over the internet with use of Paypal.  Many thanks to Gordon Lane and Judii Rempel

      Judie Riddell
      Project Co-ordinator

      -----Original Message-----
      From: owner-dist-gen@... [mailto:owner-dist-gen@...]On Behalf Of Cecil Howell
      Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2003 10:02 PM
      To: AFHS Geneology List
      Subject: Cemetry Records

      Dear members,

      A friend and neighbour is editing and cataloging her father's 1920's films of many of Calgary early poineers in the medical, political, and ranching fields.  She wishes to gain access to cemetry records to help with dates and times etc.  I know the society has been recording cemetry records.  Can this lady have a look at them and if so where and at what times will they be available?

      The friend is Mary Lou Charles, former school nurse, and her father was Dr. Charles a Calgary dentist now long cedeased.
      Mary Lou does not use the internet.
      Thank You.

      Cecil Howell.
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic