1099Re: 1 Feb AFHS Meeting Times

  • George Lake
    Jan 28, 2003
      Hi Nancy:

      At 06:53 PM 1/27/2003 -0700, Nancy Carson wrote:
      >Diane - when did the regular AFHS meeting change from a Monday night to a
      >Saturday??? On the calendar of events on the website, it says Saturday;
      >under Programs, it says February 3. So which is it? I've already sent out
      >the meeting notice for February 3.

      This is a one-time 'innovation' for AFHS.
      The Board is concerned that a number of our members do not wish to come out
      to meetings at night in mid winter. We decided to hold one of our winter
      meetings on a Saturday afternoon to accommodate those people.
      This is the only meeting this winter on a Saturday. All the others will be
      on the usual 1st Monday.
      I have announced the change at each regular monthly general meeting since
      November. Sorry it didn't make it into all of the nooks and crannies on
      the website.

      Regards

      Geo

      George Lake
      Chairman, Alberta Family Histories Society
      Calgary Canada

      email: chairman@...
      AFHS Website: www.afhs.ab.ca

      my website: www.glake.ca