    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2012
      This week's listings have been posted to http://www.bartlett-sloan.net/tv

      Accordingly.

      ---

      On Thursday April 05, 2012 from 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM on Ovation is

      The Hand Behind the Mouse: The Ub Iwerks Story (1999)
              Though Walt Disney is often solely credited as a great pioneer of
      animation, he would not have his iconic Mickey Mouse character if it
      were not for the late Ub Iwerks. This documentary about the talented
      animator who made the early Disney shorts starring Mickey Mouse,
      assembles rare footage and interviews with animators who worked with
      Iwerks, all with funding from the very studio he helped start,
      bitterly left and rejoined years later.

      This show will repeat
       Thursday April 05, 2012 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM

      ---

      On Sunday April 08, 2012 from 8:00 PM to 10:00 PM on CNBC is

      Walt: The Man Behind the Myth (2001)
              "Walt: The Man Behind the Myth" is the definitive filmed biography
      of Walt Disney. Based on over 75 interviews with Walt's closest
      friends and collaborators as well as leading historians, "Walt" traces
      the life and creative achievements of one of America's most enduring
      icons in entertainment. In addition to the familiar stories of how
      Walt conceived of Mickey Mouse and created the first feature-length
      animated cartoon with "Snow White," the film also reveals the
      lesser-known saga of how the studio faced near-bankruptcy in the wake
      of a strike and World War II; how Walt skimped and saved, and even
      cashed in his family's life insurance, in order to finance the early
      development of Disneyland; how the Disney Studio broke the Hollywood
      taboo of early television; and how, in his final days, Walt was fully
      devoted to building a city of the future near what is today Walt
      Disney World in Orlando, Florida. A new epilogue about the Walt Disney
      Family Museum at The Presidio of San Francisco has been added to this
      show. "Walt: The Man Behind the Myth" is a production of Pantheon
      Studios, Inc. for the Walt Disney Family Foundation.

      ---

      On Sunday April 08, 2012 at 10:00 PM to 00:00 AM on ABC Family Channel is

      Pixar Short Films
              A collection of Disney short films is showcased including
      "Presto", "Lifted", "Jack-Jack Attack", "Unidentified Flying Mater",
      "For the Birds", "Geri's Game", "Mater and the Ghostlight", "Mike's
      New Car", "Red's Dream" and "Rescue Squad Mater."(TVKirby note - not
      Disney Park related, but one I feel Disney fans should know about)

      ---

      Visit Mike's Disney Podcast Directory at http://www.disneypodcastdirectory.net/

      http://web.archive.org/web/20031003163548/http://home.pacbell.net/jonvn/Souvenirs/souvenir1960/p01.html