Re: [Disney Afternoon] I Love the Disney Afternoon

  • Sara
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 12, 2006
      Yeah, stop Play It Again Jam & the weekday double feature, they take
      up way too much space. I heard it's expensive to make another
      channel, but hey, if they could afford all those shows, they sure as
      heck could make another chennel.

      TTYL

      --- In disneyafternoon@yahoogroups.com, "the90stoonfreak"
      <the90stoonfreak@...> wrote:

      > Toon Disney will be JETIX in 2007? Wow, let's protest. Toon Disney
      > really needs to go back to their roots. They have enough JETIX
      shows
      > for it's own channel. What's so hard about starting another
      channeL?
      > And they really need to stop they Play It Again Jam and the movie
      > show since they take up space and other shows can be in those time
      > slots. Disney is trying to kill this network. I also have a
      petition
      > called Bring Back the Old Toon Disney in the links section of this
      > website.
      >
      > --- In disneyafternoon@yahoogroups.com, Sara <digidragoninc@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Yeah, I read about the Disney Afternoon soundtrack on the DAFT
      > website. Very awesome. ;) Anyways, I remember when I first got
      Toon
      > Disney. To me, it was the best channel ever made. I guess the
      people
      > are doing the opposite of our requests, we say reduce Jetix and
      they
      > expand it. We say make ABC Family the official home of Jetix and
      > they take it off the channel then make Toon Disney its official
      > home. This one friend of mine said they probably hate fans, but
      > hello! Fans are what make television alive, without us fans, you
      > wouldn't have any viewers at all to give support nor buy the
      > merchandice. I read some really awful news on Wikipedia that in
      > 2007, Toon Disney will turn into Jetix! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Those
      stupid
      > jerk-faces! I still say we should all come together at the Disney
      > Studios and do that kinda protest group where we're all holding up
      > signs, yelling a chant like "No more Jetix!" "Bring back real
      Disney
      > Toons!" and some such things.
      > >
      > > Whew! Well, that's enough comin' outta me for me.
      > > TTYL
      > > Sara.
      > >
      > > BL Outset <bloutset@> wrote:
      > > I took off Toon Disney from my "Favorites" channel list about
      4
      > years ago when they took off Gummi Bears =( I would watch the
      > channel maybe once in a while...I noticed less and less Disney
      > afternoon shows were on...I can't believe they even pulled Tale
      Spin
      > off earlier this year, given its harmless time slot in the AM
      hours.
      > I loved watching it from time to time early in the morning...The
      > thing about the Disney shows I loved was the music and opening
      > songs...I implore EVERYONE to check out the Disney Afternoon
      > soundtrack if you haven't yet.
      > >
      > > Anyone else remember the days when Toon Disney first premiered?
      > LOL I remember calling my cable company demanding they give us the
      > channel...I was such a Disney nut and had nowhere else to get my
      > Gummi Bear fix because the main Disney Channel pulled the show.
      When
      > I finally got Toon Disney channel 5 years ago, it wouldn't be long
      > before they took the one show I loved the most off the air...
      > >
      > > One thing I liked about Toon Disney besides the Disney Afternoon
      > shows was that they would show some animated movies from time to
      > time...like Little Mermaid 2 (which sucked royally but at least I
      > got to watch it without buying it). I remember blocks like the
      > Princess Power hour (dunno if that's still going on). But whenever
      > turn it on these days it's usually crap like Kim Possible or
      > something else...maybe this is what kids like these days, I guess.
      > Whenever I see stuff like that, it just makes me less and less
      > interested in Toon Disney. They really have lost their old
      fanbase,
      > and I can only reason the newer audience (next generation of kids)
      > is providing better ratings.
      > > -Barry

      (aww)
      > > agree that Jetix has completely killed the purpose of Toon
      Disney,
      > > that's why I say Jetix should get its own network. Well,
      anyways,
      > > welcome to the group, do hope you enjoy yourself. ;)
      > > >
      > > > Sara.
      > >

      > > > Yahoo! Groups Links
      > > >

      > > > (Yahoo! ID required)
      > > >
      > > > mailto:disneyafternoon-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • the90stoonfreak
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 13, 2006
        And another thing about Toon Disney, the only Disney cartoons they
        play are the newer ones which I have absolutely no interest in. But
        they only play these cartoons in the morning/early afternoon and
        they play them like three times a day each. I don't know, I'm
        completely bored with this channel.

        wrote:

> [...]
        long
        > > before they took the one show I loved the most off the air...
        > > >
        > > > One thing I liked about Toon Disney besides the Disney
        Afternoon
        > > shows was that they would show some animated movies from time to
        > > time...like Little Mermaid 2 (which sucked royally but at least
        > > got to watch it without buying it). I remember blocks like the
        > > Princess Power hour (dunno if that's still going on). But
        whenever
        > > turn it on these days it's usually crap like Kim Possible or
        > > something else...maybe this is what kids like these days, I
        guess.
        > > Whenever I see stuff like that, it just makes me less and less
        > > interested in Toon Disney. They really have lost their old
        > fanbase,
        > > and I can only reason the newer audience (next generation of

      • Sara
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 13, 2006
          Ditto. I love "Lilo & Stitch" & "American Dragon" (first season anyway, second season isn't all that good) but they already come on the original Disney Channel. :-p

          the90stoonfreak <the90stoonfreak@...> wrote: And another thing about Toon Disney, the only Disney cartoons they

          wrote:

> [...]
          long
          > > before they took the one show I loved the most off the air...
          > > >
          > > > One thing I liked about Toon Disney besides the Disney
          Afternoon
          > > shows was that they would show some animated movies from time to
          > > time...like Little Mermaid 2 (which sucked royally but at least
          > > got to watch it without buying it). I remember blocks like the
          > > Princess Power hour (dunno if that's still going on). But
          whenever
          > > turn it on these days it's usually crap like Kim Possible or
          > > something else...maybe this is what kids like these days, I
          guess.
          > > Whenever I see stuff like that, it just makes me less and less
          > > interested in Toon Disney. They really have lost their old
          > fanbase,
          > > and I can only reason the newer audience (next generation of

          Yahoo! Groups Links

        • the90stoonfreak
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 15, 2006
            I never cared for any of the cartoons that came out after Quack
            Pack. I think they are boring. The ones on Toon Disney now are so
            overplayed it's easy to get tired of them after a while. Plus none
            of them are deep like the way most of the Disney Afternoon shows
            are. Bring back the Disney Afternoon!

            wrote:

> [...]
            > long
            > > > before they took the one show I loved the most off the air...

            > Afternoon
            > > > shows was that they would show some animated movies from time
            > > > time...like Little Mermaid 2 (which sucked royally but at
            least
            > > > got to watch it without buying it). I remember blocks like the
            > > > Princess Power hour (dunno if that's still going on). But
            > whenever
            > > > turn it on these days it's usually crap like Kim Possible or
            > > > something else...maybe this is what kids like these days, I
            > guess.
            > > > Whenever I see stuff like that, it just makes me less and less
            > > > interested in Toon Disney. They really have lost their old
            > > fanbase,
            > > > and I can only reason the newer audience (next generation of

          • Brian Walmer
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 16, 2006
              You know I'm wondering if anyone has the Talespin pilot in it's original format (uncut and unedited)

              And Does anyone remember the marthon of Mini-series the The Disney Afternoon Debuted, cause I sure do, oh what I day that was! :)