Re: [Disney Afternoon] I Love the Disney Afternoon

  • the90stoonfreak
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 12, 2006
      Toon Disney will be JETIX in 2007? Wow, let's protest. Toon Disney
      really needs to go back to their roots. They have enough JETIX shows
      for it's own channel. What's so hard about starting another channeL?
      And they really need to stop they Play It Again Jam and the movie
      show since they take up space and other shows can be in those time
      slots. Disney is trying to kill this network. I also have a petition
      called Bring Back the Old Toon Disney in the links section of this
      website.

      --- In disneyafternoon@yahoogroups.com, Sara <digidragoninc@...>
      wrote:

      > Yeah, I read about the Disney Afternoon soundtrack on the DAFT
      website. Very awesome. ;) Anyways, I remember when I first got Toon
      Disney. To me, it was the best channel ever made. I guess the people
      are doing the opposite of our requests, we say reduce Jetix and they
      expand it. We say make ABC Family the official home of Jetix and
      they take it off the channel then make Toon Disney its official
      home. This one friend of mine said they probably hate fans, but
      hello! Fans are what make television alive, without us fans, you
      wouldn't have any viewers at all to give support nor buy the
      merchandice. I read some really awful news on Wikipedia that in
      2007, Toon Disney will turn into Jetix! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Those stupid
      jerk-faces! I still say we should all come together at the Disney
      Studios and do that kinda protest group where we're all holding up
      signs, yelling a chant like "No more Jetix!" "Bring back real Disney
      Toons!" and some such things.

      > Whew! Well, that's enough comin' outta me for me.
      > TTYL
      > Sara.
      >
      > BL Outset <bloutset@...> wrote:
      > I took off Toon Disney from my "Favorites" channel list about 4
      years ago when they took off Gummi Bears =( I would watch the
      channel maybe once in a while...I noticed less and less Disney
      afternoon shows were on...I can't believe they even pulled Tale Spin
      off earlier this year, given its harmless time slot in the AM hours.
      I loved watching it from time to time early in the morning...The
      thing about the Disney shows I loved was the music and opening
      songs...I implore EVERYONE to check out the Disney Afternoon
      soundtrack if you haven't yet.

      > Anyone else remember the days when Toon Disney first premiered?
      LOL I remember calling my cable company demanding they give us the
      channel...I was such a Disney nut and had nowhere else to get my
      Gummi Bear fix because the main Disney Channel pulled the show. When
      I finally got Toon Disney channel 5 years ago, it wouldn't be long
      before they took the one show I loved the most off the air...

      > One thing I liked about Toon Disney besides the Disney Afternoon
      shows was that they would show some animated movies from time to
      time...like Little Mermaid 2 (which sucked royally but at least I
      got to watch it without buying it). I remember blocks like the
      Princess Power hour (dunno if that's still going on). But whenever I
      turn it on these days it's usually crap like Kim Possible or
      something else...maybe this is what kids like these days, I guess.
      Whenever I see stuff like that, it just makes me less and less
      interested in Toon Disney. They really have lost their old fanbase,
      and I can only reason the newer audience (next generation of kids)
      is providing better ratings.
      > -Barry

      days of Toon Disney are Aladdin, The Little Mermaid, Hercules: The
      Series & Gargoyles. I admit Jetix has a few decent shows like
      Silverwing, Gargoyles, Digimon, The Tick and Dungeons & Dragons
      (I've had very rare chances of watching that). I even made a
      petition to get the Jetix crap its own channel and to bring back the
      real Toon Disney:
      http://www.petitiononline.com/jetix529/petition.html

      > TTYL
      > Sara.
      >
      > the90stoonfreak > wrote:
      > Yeah, JETIX is horrible for doing this. They should give JETIX
      it's
      > own channel. Ever since November 2004, Toon Disney went downhill
      > quickly. I miss the Disney Afternoon cartoons. The other Disney
      > cartoons (not including the classic Disney shorts) I never cared
      for.
      > I wish Toon Disney would stop being a sell-out and show these
      great
      > shows on TV again.
      >
      > In disneyafternoon@yahoogroups.com, Sara
      > wrote:
      > > Hello Ashley, I'm Sara and I am also a very big fan of Disney
      > Afternoon since I was a wee ankle-biter. When I turned a year old,
      > was already going "whoo-whoo" with the DuckTales theme song. (aww)
      > agree that Jetix has completely killed the purpose of Toon Disney,
      > that's why I say Jetix should get its own network. Well, anyways,
      > welcome to the group, do hope you enjoy yourself. ;)
      > >
      > > Sara.
      >

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links
      > >

      > > (Yahoo! ID required)
      > >
      > > mailto:disneyafternoon-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Sara
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 12, 2006
        Yeah, stop Play It Again Jam & the weekday double feature, they take
        up way too much space. I heard it's expensive to make another
        channel, but hey, if they could afford all those shows, they sure as
        heck could make another chennel.

        TTYL

        --- In disneyafternoon@yahoogroups.com, "the90stoonfreak"
        <the90stoonfreak@...> wrote:

> [...]
        When
        > I finally got Toon Disney channel 5 years ago, it wouldn't be long
        > before they took the one show I loved the most off the air...
        > >
        > > One thing I liked about Toon Disney besides the Disney Afternoon
        > shows was that they would show some animated movies from time to
        > time...like Little Mermaid 2 (which sucked royally but at least I
        > got to watch it without buying it). I remember blocks like the
        > Princess Power hour (dunno if that's still going on). But whenever
        > turn it on these days it's usually crap like Kim Possible or
        > something else...maybe this is what kids like these days, I guess.
        > Whenever I see stuff like that, it just makes me less and less
        > interested in Toon Disney. They really have lost their old
        fanbase,
        > and I can only reason the newer audience (next generation of kids)

      • the90stoonfreak
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 13, 2006
          And another thing about Toon Disney, the only Disney cartoons they
          play are the newer ones which I have absolutely no interest in. But
          they only play these cartoons in the morning/early afternoon and
          they play them like three times a day each. I don't know, I'm
          completely bored with this channel.

          wrote:

> [...]
          long
          > > before they took the one show I loved the most off the air...
          > > >
          > > > One thing I liked about Toon Disney besides the Disney
          Afternoon
          > > shows was that they would show some animated movies from time to
          > > time...like Little Mermaid 2 (which sucked royally but at least
          > > got to watch it without buying it). I remember blocks like the
          > > Princess Power hour (dunno if that's still going on). But
          whenever
          > > turn it on these days it's usually crap like Kim Possible or
          > > something else...maybe this is what kids like these days, I
          guess.
          > > Whenever I see stuff like that, it just makes me less and less
          > > interested in Toon Disney. They really have lost their old
          > fanbase,
          > > and I can only reason the newer audience (next generation of

        • Sara
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 13, 2006
            Ditto. I love "Lilo & Stitch" & "American Dragon" (first season anyway, second season isn't all that good) but they already come on the original Disney Channel. :-p

            the90stoonfreak <the90stoonfreak@...> wrote: And another thing about Toon Disney, the only Disney cartoons they

            wrote:

> [...]
            long
            > > before they took the one show I loved the most off the air...
            > > >
            > > > One thing I liked about Toon Disney besides the Disney
            Afternoon
            > > shows was that they would show some animated movies from time to
            > > time...like Little Mermaid 2 (which sucked royally but at least
            > > got to watch it without buying it). I remember blocks like the
            > > Princess Power hour (dunno if that's still going on). But
            whenever
            > > turn it on these days it's usually crap like Kim Possible or
            > > something else...maybe this is what kids like these days, I
            guess.
            > > Whenever I see stuff like that, it just makes me less and less
            > > interested in Toon Disney. They really have lost their old
            > fanbase,
            > > and I can only reason the newer audience (next generation of

            Yahoo! Groups Links

          • the90stoonfreak
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 15, 2006
              I never cared for any of the cartoons that came out after Quack
              Pack. I think they are boring. The ones on Toon Disney now are so
              overplayed it's easy to get tired of them after a while. Plus none
              of them are deep like the way most of the Disney Afternoon shows
              are. Bring back the Disney Afternoon!

              wrote:

> [...]
              > long
              > > > before they took the one show I loved the most off the air...

              > Afternoon
              > > > shows was that they would show some animated movies from time
              > > > time...like Little Mermaid 2 (which sucked royally but at
              least
              > > > got to watch it without buying it). I remember blocks like the
              > > > Princess Power hour (dunno if that's still going on). But
              > whenever
              > > > turn it on these days it's usually crap like Kim Possible or
              > > > something else...maybe this is what kids like these days, I
              > guess.
              > > > Whenever I see stuff like that, it just makes me less and less
              > > > interested in Toon Disney. They really have lost their old
              > > fanbase,
              > > > and I can only reason the newer audience (next generation of

            • Brian Walmer
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 16, 2006
                You know I'm wondering if anyone has the Talespin pilot in it's original format (uncut and unedited)

                And Does anyone remember the marthon of Mini-series the The Disney Afternoon Debuted, cause I sure do, oh what I day that was! :)