I Love the Disney Afternoon

  • the90stoonfreak
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 9, 2006
      Hi, I'm Ashley, I've been a BIG Disney Afternoon fan since the first
      day (September 10th 1990). From that day on until the end of the 90s,
      I used to rush home from school so I can catch the latest episode of
      Darkwing Duck, TaleSpin, Goof Troop, Bonkers, Aladdin, Gargoyles,
      Timon and Pumbaa, Quack Pack and Mighty Ducks (Gummi Bears, CDRR and
      DT all was reruns). It was the best thing about the 90s since most of
      the other cartoon afternoon blocks sucked for the most part (except
      Fox Kids). I loved it when Toon Disney re-ran the Disney Afternoon
      shows up until 2004 when they added JETIX. Stupid idiots! At least the
      shows are getting released on DVD since I don't watch TV these days
      anyways so that's a good thing. I even made a tribute to the Disney
      Afternoon but it's on wordpad.
    • Sara
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 10, 2006
        Hello Ashley, I'm Sara and I am also a very big fan of Disney Afternoon since I was a wee ankle-biter. When I turned a year old, I was already going "whoo-whoo" with the DuckTales theme song. (aww) I agree that Jetix has completely killed the purpose of Toon Disney, that's why I say Jetix should get its own network. Well, anyways, welcome to the group, do hope you enjoy yourself. ;)

        Sara.

        the90stoonfreak <the90stoonfreak@...> wrote:
        Hi, I'm Ashley, I've been a BIG Disney Afternoon fan since the first
        day (September 10th 1990). From that day on until the end of the 90s,
        I used to rush home from school so I can catch the latest episode of
        Darkwing Duck, TaleSpin, Goof Troop, Bonkers, Aladdin, Gargoyles,
        Timon and Pumbaa, Quack Pack and Mighty Ducks (Gummi Bears, CDRR and
        DT all was reruns). It was the best thing about the 90s since most of
        the other cartoon afternoon blocks sucked for the most part (except
        Fox Kids). I loved it when Toon Disney re-ran the Disney Afternoon
        shows up until 2004 when they added JETIX. Stupid idiots! At least the
        shows are getting released on DVD since I don't watch TV these days
        anyways so that's a good thing. I even made a tribute to the Disney
        Afternoon but it's on wordpad.

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        (Yahoo! ID required)

        mailto:disneyafternoon-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

      • the90stoonfreak
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 10, 2006
          Yeah, JETIX is horrible for doing this. They should give JETIX it's
          own channel. Ever since November 2004, Toon Disney went downhill
          quickly. I miss the Disney Afternoon cartoons. The other Disney
          cartoons (not including the classic Disney shorts) I never cared for.
          I wish Toon Disney would stop being a sell-out and show these great
          shows on TV again.

          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 10, 2006
            Yeah. I know what you mean, the only remaining shows from the real days of Toon Disney are Aladdin, The Little Mermaid, Hercules: The Series & Gargoyles. I admit Jetix has a few decent shows like Silverwing, Gargoyles, Digimon, The Tick and Dungeons & Dragons (I've had very rare chances of watching that). I even made a petition to get the Jetix crap its own channel and to bring back the real Toon Disney: http://www.petitiononline.com/jetix529/petition.html

            TTYL

            wrote:
            > Hello Ashley, I'm Sara and I am also a very big fan of Disney
            Afternoon since I was a wee ankle-biter. When I turned a year old, I
            was already going "whoo-whoo" with the DuckTales theme song. (aww) I
            agree that Jetix has completely killed the purpose of Toon Disney,
            that's why I say Jetix should get its own network. Well, anyways,
            welcome to the group, do hope you enjoy yourself. ;)

            > Sara.

            > Yahoo! Groups Links
            >

            > (Yahoo! ID required)
            >
            > mailto:disneyafternoon-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            Yahoo! Groups Links

          • BL Outset
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 11, 2006
              I took off Toon Disney from my "Favorites" channel list about 4 years ago when they took off Gummi Bears =( I would watch the channel maybe once in a while...I noticed less and less Disney afternoon shows were on...I can't believe they even pulled Tale Spin off earlier this year, given its harmless time slot in the AM hours. I loved watching it from time to time early in the morning...The thing about the Disney shows I loved was the music and opening songs...I implore EVERYONE to check out the Disney Afternoon soundtrack if you haven't yet.

              Anyone else remember the days when Toon Disney first premiered? LOL I remember calling my cable company demanding they give us the channel...I was such a Disney nut and had nowhere else to get my Gummi Bear fix because the main Disney Channel pulled the show. When I finally got Toon Disney channel 5 years ago, it wouldn't be long before they took the one show I loved the most off the air...

              One thing I liked about Toon Disney besides the Disney Afternoon shows was that they would show some animated movies from time to time...like Little Mermaid 2 (which sucked royally but at least I got to watch it without buying it). I remember blocks like the Princess Power hour (dunno if that's still going on). But whenever I turn it on these days it's usually crap like Kim Possible or something else...maybe this is what kids like these days, I guess. Whenever I see stuff like that, it just makes me less and less interested in Toon Disney. They really have lost their old fanbase, and I can only reason the newer audience (next generation of kids) is providing better ratings.
              -Barry

              Yeah. I know what you mean, the only remaining shows from the real days of Toon Disney are Aladdin, The Little Mermaid, Hercules: The Series & Gargoyles. I admit Jetix has a few decent shows like Silverwing, Gargoyles, Digimon, The Tick and Dungeons & Dragons (I've had very rare chances of watching that). I even made a petition to get the Jetix crap its own channel and to bring back the real Toon Disney: http://www.petitiononline.com/jetix529/petition.html<http://www.petitiononline.com/jetix529/petition.html>

              TTYL
              Sara.

              In disneyafternoon@yahoogroups.com<mailto:disneyafternoon@yahoogroups.com>, Sara
              wrote:
              > Hello Ashley, I'm Sara and I am also a very big fan of Disney
              Afternoon since I was a wee ankle-biter. When I turned a year old, I
              was already going "whoo-whoo" with the DuckTales theme song. (aww) I
              agree that Jetix has completely killed the purpose of Toon Disney,
              that's why I say Jetix should get its own network. Well, anyways,
              welcome to the group, do hope you enjoy yourself. ;)

              > Sara.

              > Yahoo! Groups Links
              >

              > (Yahoo! ID required)
              >
              > mailto:disneyafternoon-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com<mailto:disneyafternoon-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com>

            • Sara

                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 12, 2006
                  Toon Disney will be JETIX in 2007? Wow, let's protest. Toon Disney
                  really needs to go back to their roots. They have enough JETIX shows
                  for it's own channel. What's so hard about starting another channeL?
                  And they really need to stop they Play It Again Jam and the movie
                  show since they take up space and other shows can be in those time
                  slots. Disney is trying to kill this network. I also have a petition
                  called Bring Back the Old Toon Disney in the links section of this
                  website.

                  wrote:

                  > Yeah, I read about the Disney Afternoon soundtrack on the DAFT
                  website. Very awesome. ;) Anyways, I remember when I first got Toon
                  Disney. To me, it was the best channel ever made. I guess the people
                  are doing the opposite of our requests, we say reduce Jetix and they
                  expand it. We say make ABC Family the official home of Jetix and
                  they take it off the channel then make Toon Disney its official
                  home. This one friend of mine said they probably hate fans, but
                  hello! Fans are what make television alive, without us fans, you
                  wouldn't have any viewers at all to give support nor buy the
                  merchandice. I read some really awful news on Wikipedia that in
                  2007, Toon Disney will turn into Jetix! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Those stupid
                  jerk-faces! I still say we should all come together at the Disney
                  Studios and do that kinda protest group where we're all holding up
                  signs, yelling a chant like "No more Jetix!" "Bring back real Disney
                  Toons!" and some such things.

                  > Whew! Well, that's enough comin' outta me for me.
                  > TTYL
                  > Sara.
                  >
                  > BL Outset <bloutset@...> wrote:
                  > I took off Toon Disney from my "Favorites" channel list about 4
                  years ago when they took off Gummi Bears =( I would watch the
                  channel maybe once in a while...I noticed less and less Disney
                  afternoon shows were on...I can't believe they even pulled Tale Spin
                  off earlier this year, given its harmless time slot in the AM hours.
                  I loved watching it from time to time early in the morning...The
                  thing about the Disney shows I loved was the music and opening
                  songs...I implore EVERYONE to check out the Disney Afternoon
                  soundtrack if you haven't yet.

                  > Anyone else remember the days when Toon Disney first premiered?
                  LOL I remember calling my cable company demanding they give us the
                  channel...I was such a Disney nut and had nowhere else to get my
                  Gummi Bear fix because the main Disney Channel pulled the show. When
                  I finally got Toon Disney channel 5 years ago, it wouldn't be long
                  before they took the one show I loved the most off the air...

                  > One thing I liked about Toon Disney besides the Disney Afternoon
                  shows was that they would show some animated movies from time to
                  time...like Little Mermaid 2 (which sucked royally but at least I
                  got to watch it without buying it). I remember blocks like the
                  Princess Power hour (dunno if that's still going on). But whenever I
                  turn it on these days it's usually crap like Kim Possible or
                  something else...maybe this is what kids like these days, I guess.
                  Whenever I see stuff like that, it just makes me less and less
                  interested in Toon Disney. They really have lost their old fanbase,
                  and I can only reason the newer audience (next generation of kids)
                  is providing better ratings.
                  > -Barry

                • Sara
                  Message 8 of 12 , Sep 12, 2006
                    Yeah, stop Play It Again Jam & the weekday double feature, they take
                    up way too much space. I heard it's expensive to make another
                    channel, but hey, if they could afford all those shows, they sure as
                    heck could make another chennel.

                    TTYL

                    --- In disneyafternoon@yahoogroups.com, "the90stoonfreak"
                    <the90stoonfreak@...> wrote:

> [...]
                    When
                    > I finally got Toon Disney channel 5 years ago, it wouldn't be long
                    > before they took the one show I loved the most off the air...
                    > >
                    > > One thing I liked about Toon Disney besides the Disney Afternoon
                    > shows was that they would show some animated movies from time to
                    > time...like Little Mermaid 2 (which sucked royally but at least I
                    > got to watch it without buying it). I remember blocks like the
                    > Princess Power hour (dunno if that's still going on). But whenever
                    > turn it on these days it's usually crap like Kim Possible or
                    > something else...maybe this is what kids like these days, I guess.
                    > Whenever I see stuff like that, it just makes me less and less
                    > interested in Toon Disney. They really have lost their old
                    fanbase,
                    > and I can only reason the newer audience (next generation of kids)

                  • the90stoonfreak
                    Message 9 of 12 , Sep 13, 2006
                      And another thing about Toon Disney, the only Disney cartoons they
                      play are the newer ones which I have absolutely no interest in. But
                      they only play these cartoons in the morning/early afternoon and
                      they play them like three times a day each. I don't know, I'm
                      completely bored with this channel.

                      wrote:

> [...]
                      long
                      > > before they took the one show I loved the most off the air...
                      > > >
                      > > > One thing I liked about Toon Disney besides the Disney
                      Afternoon
                      > > shows was that they would show some animated movies from time to
                      > > time...like Little Mermaid 2 (which sucked royally but at least
                      > > got to watch it without buying it). I remember blocks like the
                      > > Princess Power hour (dunno if that's still going on). But
                      whenever
                      > > turn it on these days it's usually crap like Kim Possible or
                      > > something else...maybe this is what kids like these days, I
                      guess.
                      > > Whenever I see stuff like that, it just makes me less and less
                      > > interested in Toon Disney. They really have lost their old
                      > fanbase,
                      > > and I can only reason the newer audience (next generation of

                    • Sara
                      Message 10 of 12 , Sep 13, 2006
                        Ditto. I love "Lilo & Stitch" & "American Dragon" (first season anyway, second season isn't all that good) but they already come on the original Disney Channel. :-p

                        the90stoonfreak <the90stoonfreak@...> wrote: And another thing about Toon Disney, the only Disney cartoons they

                        wrote:

> [...]
                        long
                        > > before they took the one show I loved the most off the air...
                        > > >
                        > > > One thing I liked about Toon Disney besides the Disney
                        Afternoon
                        > > shows was that they would show some animated movies from time to
                        > > time...like Little Mermaid 2 (which sucked royally but at least
                        > > got to watch it without buying it). I remember blocks like the
                        > > Princess Power hour (dunno if that's still going on). But
                        whenever
                        > > turn it on these days it's usually crap like Kim Possible or
                        > > something else...maybe this is what kids like these days, I
                        guess.
                        > > Whenever I see stuff like that, it just makes me less and less
                        > > interested in Toon Disney. They really have lost their old
                        > fanbase,
                        > > and I can only reason the newer audience (next generation of

                        Yahoo! Groups Links

                      • the90stoonfreak
                        Message 11 of 12 , Sep 15, 2006
                          I never cared for any of the cartoons that came out after Quack
                          Pack. I think they are boring. The ones on Toon Disney now are so
                          overplayed it's easy to get tired of them after a while. Plus none
                          of them are deep like the way most of the Disney Afternoon shows
                          are. Bring back the Disney Afternoon!

                          wrote:

> [...]
                          > long
                          > > > before they took the one show I loved the most off the air...

                          > Afternoon
                          > > > shows was that they would show some animated movies from time
                          > > > time...like Little Mermaid 2 (which sucked royally but at
                          least
                          > > > got to watch it without buying it). I remember blocks like the
                          > > > Princess Power hour (dunno if that's still going on). But
                          > whenever
                          > > > turn it on these days it's usually crap like Kim Possible or
                          > > > something else...maybe this is what kids like these days, I
                          > guess.
                          > > > Whenever I see stuff like that, it just makes me less and less
                          > > > interested in Toon Disney. They really have lost their old
                          > > fanbase,
                          > > > and I can only reason the newer audience (next generation of

                        • Brian Walmer
                          Message 12 of 12 , Sep 16, 2006
                            You know I'm wondering if anyone has the Talespin pilot in it's original format (uncut and unedited)

                            And Does anyone remember the marthon of Mini-series the The Disney Afternoon Debuted, cause I sure do, oh what I day that was! :)