any word on these cartoons

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 24, 2005
      anybody know when disney plans to release darkwing duck, aladdin, (not
      on this board)teamo supremo and the rest on dvd
    • Kacy Shelley
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 24, 2005
        --- In disneyafternoon@yahoogroups.com, "Dave" <pidge32241@a...> wrote:

        > anybody know when disney plans to release darkwing duck, aladdin, (not
        > on this board)teamo supremo and the rest on dvd

        Well, there's no announcements for them as of now, but I'm guessing
        that "Gummi Bears", "TaleSpin", "Darkwing Duck", "Bonkers", "Aladdin",
        "Timon & Pumbaa", and "The Mighty Ducks" will have at least one DVD
        set available by the end of 2008. In the case of "Teamo Supremo",
        though, I suppose that would take longer; the show wasn't very popular
        for some reason (I myself say that it was a good show, it just came
        out at the wrong time), and I think it would be more logical for them
        to wait till it earns a big enough fanbase to justify DVD releases. I
        myself can wait, seeing as I've already taped every "Teamo" episode
        there is and can just put them on DVD+Rs myself (I have a DVD recorder).
        Anyway, I'm only guessing that it'll take till the end of 2008 for all
        the Disney Afternoon shows to come to DVD. Disney's TV show DVD sets
        are currently focusing on more than just the Disney Afternoon shows,
        so it'll probably be longer than that. Here's a list of the Disney
        shows currently (or about to become) available in DVD sets, counting
        acquired series:

        "Zorro"
        "The Muppet Show"
        "Five Mile Creek"
        "The Golden Girls"
        "DuckTales"
        "Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers"
        "Home Improvement"
        "Goof Troop"
        "Boy Meets World"
        "Gargoyles"
        "Fantastic Four"
        "Ellen"
        "Quack Pack"
        "Felicity"
        "Popular"
        "Alias"
        "Scrubs"
        "Desperate Housewives"
        "Lost"
        "Life as We Know It"
        "Grey's Anatomy"

        So, as you can see, they've already got quite a lot of shows to finish
        releasing. As far as I know, they've already finished "Fantastic Four"
        and "Life as We Know It", seeing how these shows both had a small
        enough amount of episodes for a "Complete Series" set.
        On the subject of the DVDs themselves, I'm a bit surprised they picked
        "Goof Troop" and "Quack Pack" to be the next Disney Afternoon shows to
        go to DVD. I would've expected either "TaleSpin", "Gummi Bears", or
        "Darkwing". Anyway, seeing as the upcoming DVDs for "Goof Troop" and
        "Quack Pack" are single-disc releases going for $15, I'll assume
        they'll have 13 episodes, as both shows' episode amounts were a
        multiple of that number (65 for the former and 39 for the latter), and
        also because that's how many episodes were on the semi-recent DVD of
        the second season of the old "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles".
        And by the way, I'm also aware that the first half of the second
        season of "Gargoyles" will be out next month. What I'm wondering is,
        will they bother releasing the show's third season, which all the fans
        hated? I don't know if I should be surprised whether or not they will
        release it!